ss_blog_claim=dcde78cc2c2c210eb09ae75ceb73eb73

3.29.2008

No Arms, No Legs...No Limits!

Nick Vujicic is amazing! I saw him on 20/20 last night and was deeply inspired. I love to be reminded to shut up and stop whining about the little pressures of everyday life. People like Nick help me keep things in perspective. I would definitely consider him to be a hero. The following is a few paragraphs by Nick telling of his beginnings in this world.

"My name is Nick Vujicic and I give God the Glory for how He has used my testimony to touch thousands of hearts around the world! I was born without limbs and doctors have no medical explanation for this birth "defect". As you can imagine, I was faced with many challenges and obstacles. "Consider it pure joy, my Brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds." JAMES 1:2-4
.....To count our hurt, pain and struggle as nothing but pure joy? As my parents were Christians, and my Dad even a Pastor of our church, they knew that verse very well. However, on the morning of the 4th of December 1982 in Melbourne (Australia), the last two words on the minds of my parents was "Praise God!". Their firstborn son had been born without limbs! There were no warnings or time to prepare themselves for it. The doctors were shocked and had no answers at all! There is still no medical reason why this had happened and Nick now has a Brother and Sister who were born just like any other baby.
The whole church mourned over my birth and my parents were absolutely devastated. Everyone asked, "if God is a God of Love, then why would God let something this bad happen to not just anyone, but dedicated Christians?" My Dad thought I wouldn't survive for very long, but tests proved that I was a healthy baby boy just with a few limbs missing.
Understandably, my parents had strong concern and evident fears of what kind of life I'd be able to lead. God provided them strength, wisdom and courage through those early years and soon after that I was old enough to go to school.
The law in Australia didn't allow me to be integrated into a main-stream school because of my physical disability. God did miracles and gave my Mom the strength to fight for the law to be changed. I was one of the first disabled students to be integrated into a main-stream school."

Be sure to visit Nick's site www.LifeWithoutLimbs.org and continue to be inspired.

0 comments:

 
Header by WebGoodies411 Template by Amanda @ BloggerBuster