ss_blog_claim=dcde78cc2c2c210eb09ae75ceb73eb73

5.29.2008

Tame that Childzilla...Old Fashioned Chore Charts with a Web Twist

I love the internet and the more things I can do electronically, the happier I am. The other day I found Childzilla, an online chore assignment, tracking and reward system. Childzilla is also a great tool for teaching behavior management and personal habits. Childzilla is completely interactive. Included is a point based reward system, a calendar function, customizable webpages for each child with kid-friendly games, daily comments field for parents, a “rewards store” and a rewards “wish list” for the kids. The Childzilla dashboard allows parents to assign chores, behaviors and personal habits, determine the amount of points per item, give extra points for extra effort, give encouraging messages, give demerits if necessary and more. I haven't tried Childzilla with my kids yet, since I just discovered it. It may be a little babyish for them since the 2 youngest are 12 and 14 but I think they'll have fun with it till I have money to try the Pay Jr. method (to be covered in a future post) which is more age appropriate for them. I would love to see Childzilla come out with a "Teenzilla" :)

0 comments:

 
Header by WebGoodies411 Template by Amanda @ BloggerBuster