ss_blog_claim=dcde78cc2c2c210eb09ae75ceb73eb73

4.21.2008

Yearblook or not Yearblook






According to their site Yearblook, is...

a contest to find the best blog posts. The best post each day will be compiled into a book (a real, printed book) that is a record of the year in blogs. The Yearblook will be a history of the previous year, as seen through the minds and keyboards of the blogosphere.

Bloggers submit their posts and then readers cast votes for their favorites. The best from each day is added to the book. I think its an interesting idea. One of those great books to read in the bathroom :) full of odds and ends of the previous year. As a graphic design nerd, it freaks me out that their site doesn't have a logo. No branding at all. I kept thinking I wasn't really on the homepage when I was. Also I don't see where it says how the book will be priced or distributed. I get that the bloggers receive recognition and thats a goodie. It just seems weird to me that someone else gets all the profits by using the genius and hard work of the blogosphere. If all or part of the profits went to charity it would make more sense to me. Just not sure....



0 comments:

 
Header by WebGoodies411 Template by Amanda @ BloggerBuster