ss_blog_claim=dcde78cc2c2c210eb09ae75ceb73eb73

4.28.2008

Flight Tracking...Taken to the Max

My daughter was flying to Oakland the other day and she called to tell me her flight number. I typed it into the google search window because I didn't have anything handy to write with. Then I decided to hit enter to see what I got. I figured it would just take me to the Boise airport but what I got was WAY better. It took me to Flight Stats where I was able to track the entire flight as a cartoon plane flying across a map. It refreshes every 10 seconds, shows 3 different levels of the map and also a stats window. The stats window tells you longitude, latitude, altitude, speed, bearing, distance to destination, distance from departure location and more. I thought it was amazing to know where she was every minute. I have to say though it made my stomach feel a little weird to read that she was speeding along at 511 mph :) Once she landed it told me that the plane had landed and when. I think this is a wonderful resource, it really gave me peace of mind to know where she was and that the plane was ok throughout the entire flight(can you tell I've never flown, or had my kids fly :)

Subscribe!

0 comments:

 
Header by WebGoodies411 Template by Amanda @ BloggerBuster