ss_blog_claim=dcde78cc2c2c210eb09ae75ceb73eb73

4.19.2008

Blessings by the Box - Help for Low Income

If you need help making ends meet, here is a great resource. Angel Food Ministries was started in 1994 by Pastors Joe & Linda Wingo on their back porch in Georgia to feed families affected by local plant closings. Now Angel Food feeds 500,000 families in 35 states! There are no qualifications, minimums, income restrictions, or applications. Everyone is encouraged to participate. Angel Food is available in a quantity that can fit into a medium-sized box at $30 per unit and can be purchased with food stamps. Each month's menu is different and contains quality fresh and frozen items with an average retail value of approximately $60. Generally, one unit of food helps feed a family of four for about one week or a single senior citizen for almost a month! They don't have one in Idaho where I live so I personally haven't tried it but 500,000 people seem to like it :) I think I need to see about starting a distribution here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this one. I had never heard of Angel Food Ministries before. I looked it up and as it turns out there is one here in Norfolk, VA. I am going to look into how to donate. Thanks again!

 
Header by WebGoodies411 Template by Amanda @ BloggerBuster