ss_blog_claim=dcde78cc2c2c210eb09ae75ceb73eb73

8.04.2008

Baddie: What NOT to delete on your computer :(

I'm sure everyone but me knows this, but just in case there is one other person out there who is as big a dingbat as I am, one piece of advice... don't ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER! delete the contents out of the "profile" folder for Firefox. SCREAM! CRY! KICK! I was overworking my poor Mac by filling it too full so I decided to get rid of some stuff and give Mac a little breathing room. I was just deleting away old .zips and .dmgs and such and for some stupid reason I thought the stuff in that folder looked like stuff I didn't need?!?!?! I just can't believe I did it! I lost my ScribeFire and my StumbleUpon toolbar. I had all my bookmarks perfectly organized which I can redo but what kills me most is losing 100 to 150 post ideas I had bookmarked. Oh well, live and learn I guess :)

On the up side, here is a great quote I read on Twitter (follow me) and I'm sorry to whoever posted it because I can't remember who you were but it went something like this...

"How would the you you want to be do what the you you are now is about to do?"
It took me a minute to get it but once I did, it is just stuck in my head and really motivating me to be the person I want to be now, instead of in some distant future that never arrives.

 

0 comments:

 
Header by WebGoodies411 Template by Amanda @ BloggerBuster